Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chances, chances, and more chances.

By Isabel Rodriguez

 “And I also regret not writing more when I was younger..”, I told my father. And just as those words escaped my mouth, I realized; I had so many regrets.

I used to think that getting older leaves you with less chances, as if time has the power to turn you into a a withered, helpless pulp.



As I struggle to find myself considered as an adult, I realize that there are no missed chances, just the fear of trying. Far too many times the fear of losing to the odds, to life, to circumstance envelope those who dare to take these challenges on, but it seems that those who succeed are ones who are brave enough to try. Remember: Bravery is not the absence of courage, it is saying, with your head held high, that I will try anyway.

I am late. At twenty four, I seemed to have shied away from all the things I could have done, could have been. There are times I find this idea stuck in my head and those are the slowest, lowest days I have. But then, you see, age and time has never let anyone stop those who did not let them. I am learning this now.

It was Og Mandino in his book The Greatest Salesman who said, “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”

I intend to follow this advice.

So I write, to get better, and I will never stop.



(Originally written on Sisasaid, Isabel's food/fashion/personal blog– and yes, she isn't sure which category fits best, she's still deciding)

No comments:

Post a Comment