Monday, July 23, 2012

Who says growing up isn't cool?


By Patricia Louise F. Villarica


(Editor’s Note: This is a 19 year old's thoughts on turning 20, on the prospect of hope and all that she could achieve. On the next quarter-life crisis you’ll be having, this will be a refreshing read. Go on, inspire yourself with Patricia’s optimism.)

I promise I'm not that weird, I'm just a 19 year old girl who simply can't wait.



I don't know if I can call myself a miracle baby or not since I almost died when I was born, but one thing for sure is that I am thankful to have reached 19 years in this world. 


When I was younger, my teachers would always ask me, "What would you like to be when you grow up?" Honestly speaking, I don't really know what I want in life. Right now I want to be a media practitioner. But what about when I graduate? 

Some people don't look forward to moving past the "teen" stage and joining the 20+ crowd; or think about leaving behind friends to go hunt for a job. I, for one, cannot wait. I want to be part of the world, to travel & experience culture that you'd only see in your in-flight magazine, and start my never ending bucket list that consists of food binges, opening up my own production house, and going to all Disney theme parks (it's childish but I know you have this on your list too!) The list goes on and on and on. I guess you could say that I want to be part of something I can be proud to show off to everyone and say, "Look, I'm only at this age in my life but I already accomplished so much!" 


 Some might call me crazy for wanting to grow up, but the thing is, we got to accept that we WILL grow up. We just have to do it gracefully. 


Besides, who says growing up isn't going to be fun?

2 comments: